“The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment, when you are between asleep and awake, when you don't know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it really happened.”

-NN-

Sunday, August 8, 2010

These Proud Feelings

So,
I was talking to my friend yesterday.
This friend has a brother who is blind.
Despite his imperfection he is very talented in music.
But one thing I can tell, his family is very proud of him and not slightest hint of embarrassment.

Suddenly, it reminds me of my brother.
He has no such imperfection.
But from when we were little, I was the one who always achieve something.
I was always the one who won the music competition.
I was always the kid who was always in the top 10 of the class.
He was always the underdog.
But now he is a better musician than I am. He plays guitar and he learned it himself through books, youtube and friends. Never once he has a formal lesson for guitar.
He is the one who has GPA above 3.
He is the one has the dream to be a 'cum laude'
Im so proud of him!! :)
and I miss him..
This house is way too quiet when he is not around..:(

5 comments:

Valen-CIA said...

huaaaa... sounds sooo family-cal (is there that word in English? lol) and so sweet of you. :)

-JJ- 黄天龙 said...

ngmg opo toh vaaannn?

Vani Go said...

@valen: hahaha..
@JJ: mbuh je..lagi pengen aja nulis sesuatu..udah lama ga nulis..hahaha.jadinya gt tuh..ngaco..LOL :D

Vani Go said...

@valen: hahaha..
@JJ: mbuh je..lagi pengen aja nulis sesuatu..udah lama ga nulis..hahaha.jadinya gt tuh..ngaco..LOL :D

marsela said...

ah, i feel the underdogs! that sucks!! :( I love you van!!!