“The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment, when you are between asleep and awake, when you don't know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it really happened.”

-NN-

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dont Drink and Drive!!!!!

"EF Teacher Died in a motorbike accident on 16th of December"


So, 

I was just browsing on facebook and wished my friend's sister happy belated bday when I stumblen upon her blog link.

So I decided to take a look at her marvelous blog and saw this blog entry she did.

She posted a story about her EF teacher who died in a terrible motorbike accident last december.

I know it's kinda late to do this entry now.

Even worse, I dont know this person at all.

He was David Kingsley William. He was a teacher at EF Kayoon as I've said before.

This post was not intended to be a tribute for him but I just dont want him to die in vain.


Please please please dont drink and drive!!!


I am Indonesian, and I am not saying that we are better than those people we call 'bule'  which basically means caucasian.

It's just I cant help feeling sad for those people who died in accident just because they were drunk or the driver was drunk.

Come on people!!

Dont you know that people at home are waiting for you??

Dont you know they love you deeply that if you hurt yourself even a bit you gonna hurt them even deeper.

Living in Australia for 3 years I saw people who drink beer as if it were water.

Drunk people are not uncommon.

So, one day I decided to try one gulp of beer. It tasted way too awful that I dont even want to try again.

Why wasting your life on those taste-like-crap yellow liquid???

This David Kingsley apparently was a very loved teacher. His students are mourning on his death. His mom and fellow teacher were hysterical when they saw his death body covered in blood.

I cant help thinking why did he do that? He did not seem like those people who are depressive and seek console from alcohol. He was a well-loved man.

Albeit dont know him, I cant help feeling sad. Especially knowing his mom's and friends' reaction.

He was only 31 for god sake. 

May you rest in peace David Kingsley William. 

Your students here seem to miss you a lot, your mom and friends also.


RIP David Kingsley William

14th february 1978 - 13th December 2009


To see my friend's blog entry about her beloved english teacher click here


I wish I dont waste my time making this entry.

I hope this entry at least make those people who grieve upon David's death feel a little bit better.

I hope this blog entry can be useful because I think by now  I should have been asleep or busy preparing myself for tomorrow's interview.

For those who didnt know, I have an interview tomorrow morning so, please wish me luck..:)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I don't know you. Could you please give me (if you have it) more info about David Kingsley Williams death. I found that he died on internet and I am shocked. He was a friend of mine and we lived for two years in the same city in Italy. Thanks in advance.
Pasquale