“The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment, when you are between asleep and awake, when you don't know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it really happened.”

-NN-

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Test That Sets The Standard

So,
In this world, people know two most famous english tests.
I wont say any name, but Im sure you know them.

Few days ago when I took preparation class for one of the tests, the person who helped me told me that so long ago *and he regretted it that much* he once helped few students who are willing to pay $2000 (Neither will I say what currency it was in because I didnt ask, so basically idk;p) to pay for the 'version zero' question sheet.
Say, my test was for tomorrow, then tonight I would get the test for that amount of money.
However, on the very day of the test, you can barely cheat.
All dodgy things must be prepared the night before.

Only this afternoon that people have found a way to cheat on the other test.
Someone I and my friend know took the test.
Suddenly my friend received a message from this particular candidate and asking what answer shall he choose *BIG hint: the questions were asking about grammar*
This test taker could even call my friend albeit could only whisper.

"The Test That Sets The Standard"
Can we still believe in this motto??
Can we still believe in the standard that those tests are setting?
To be honest I cant.
One thing that makes me more disappointed is that in order for me to be able to get a job,to fulfill my dream, I have to take one of those test *can be easily guessed which one it is;p*
I have taken the test thrice.

If only I can buy the questions or can cheat, why should I went through such torture to get the score I needed.
If only my parents have not teach me to be an honest person and to fulfill dreams without any helps neither from money nor from other people.
If only I could do such cheating method to get my dream job.
If only I could do those things to just make my parents happy.
Too many if-onlys already.....

Why should I cry for two days when the result was not what I hoped it would turn out.
Why should I argue with my mom, giving her reasons for me not being able to reach the so-called-standard that my destination country has set.
So the number that my destination country has set, wouldn't it be unfair to those honest people??allowing those cheaters to be able to achieve that score easily.

The Test That Sets The Standard.
B*LLSHIT!!!!!!

2 comments:

Valen-CIA said...

heng... baru tau van..
so you take the test -that set the standard- stuff for your job requirement?

let's have fun tomorrow nite!
and tell all the taciks about your stuffs!!!!

emmychen said...

in.do.ne.sia
what do u expect van?
beehh~!!