“The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment, when you are between asleep and awake, when you don't know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it really happened.”

-NN-

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

it's always about a son and never a daughter

My brother is the one who got the new speaker and when I asked to try it for just a week my parents look at me angrily.
My brother is the one my mom accompanied all the way to Malaysia.
My brother is the one for whom my mom bought a bottle of water everyday.
My brother is the one for whom my mom afraid that he will stumbled over a tangled wires.

When my brother took my CD player, my parents said to let it go.
In the end, my parents bought a new one and give their old to me.
And it didn't work and they told me to just listen to the radio.

I'm always the ugly daughter.
I'm always the fat daughter.
I'm always the rebelious daughter.
I'm always the one who befriended with wrong persons.
I'm always the one whose opinions are always too selfish and always wrong.
I'm always the selfish one.

I'm the one who has taken ielts for 3 times and still didn't pass.
I'm the one whose english pronounciation and accent is so bad that my mom who doesn't understand english hates and disgusted with the way I speak english.
And all I want is just a bit of their love.
A bit of their acknowledgement of my achievement.
Is that too much to ask??

4 comments:

Valen-CIA said...

Cik Van....
i don't know what is their motivations to treat you like that...

but, trust me, whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, van..

also.. whatever happens in family-matters, let us learn together (me too) to forgive them..
Releasing a forgiveness is a best medicine for us, and for them..

And Realize, that you are too DAMN PRECIOUS in God's eyes..

the one who always makes me 'lols' with your -sometimes sarcasm- jokes or stories.

the one who -in my opinion as a journalism student- has a DAMN good writing skill in describe something

And independent girl, a dependable girl, a loyal friend, and a good Mandarine speaker -and singer!-

You are van!
XD

ayo melepas stress dengan jerit2 karaoke cikkk!!!!!!!!!!!

feli-CIA said...

things doesnt always run as what we see it is but it will run as what we think it will. when we think we dont, then for sure we will never do :)

believing yourself cik. it doesnt matter how much love you get, or how much appreciation you earn from others. as long as you do your best, feel proud about it. appreciate yourself. cos in the end, the only one left is always you and yourself. :)

before we wish that appreciation from others, its better for us to appreciate ourself in the first place, and in the end, when we didnt get what we wish from others, at least we still have that from ourself :) it wont be that disappointing.

push ur confi up cik :) you are worthed when you think you are! :)

yCuL.. - said...

i agree with the above, whatever wont kill you will make you stronger!! :)

just try to forgive your parents because they don't know any better. Pray for them that one day they see what they're doing to you is actually hurting you a lot.

I know it's hard to confront them with these kind of issues, so all you can do is pray. And remember that God will never put you through something that you can't handle.

and van.. your english is not that bad! all your blogs are written in english, it's good!!! just go watch more tv shows ;) may i suggest gossip girl or one tree hill??? :)

emmychen said...

im sorry to hear this van :(
hv u ever tell ur true feelings to ur parents?

btw ur english is damn goooood ya know.. kalo ngm langsungnya sih aku ws lupa gimana.. kita ws suweee ga ktemu hahaha... and ur mandarin is also great!

yaa utk mreka yang ngga nyadar ur true passion, biarlah kamu jadi khafilah yang berlalu saat anjing2 menggonggong..i think u dont have to prove anything to anybody..

just do what u like, make goals for ur self, ga usah peduli smua yang ga dukung kamu.. but be with those who care for u.

klo km mendem2 terus, dan ngempet2 smua amarahmu, km malah susah utk maju van.. so.. get over it!!!