“The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment, when you are between asleep and awake, when you don't know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it really happened.”

-NN-

Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Nation-wide Bad Habit

I dont know how or why nor when Indonesians develop this habit of commenting on someone's body shape and size.
Everytime I meet a person whom I havent seen for such a long time, the first thing they will say "Oh, you gained weight", or "Why havent you lost weight?", or "Oh, you lost so much weight, how did you do that?"
What worse is that I know a person who had been in Australia since primary school but recently came back to Indonesia and has been here for 2 years, first time he said when he met me after so long we havent met each other was, "Oh my God, you gained weight!!"
*WTF*
Tonight when I open my facebook account an aunty of mine who hasnt seen neither my mom nor me for quite a long time said, "Hey, I havent seen your mom for quite some times. She looked not so fat in your graduation picture. When was that?"
I was like WTF??!!!
After all this time we havent gathered together, first thing you commented on was my mom's 'size'??????
Is there nothing else you can criticized other than my mom's 'size'????
Jeezzzzz....

Other nation-wide habit is that Indonesians love to talk about others.
I have a friend whose graduation pictures werent uploaded on facebook, nor printed.
Long story short, nobody has ever seen her graduation picture.
What happened next made me angry.
People start to gossip about her not graduating.
Apparently before her dad went overseas to attend her graduation, he did tell few people about it.
Some even dare to say out loud about that gossip.
Now that she printed one of her graduation photo and put it on her home, people started to say, "oohh..she really graduated"
WHAT THE F*CCCKKK!!!!!!!!
=.=""


Oh dearr..~~~
What kind of world im living in??
Why Indonesians just cannot shut their f*cking mouth up???
Making me even more reluctant to residing back in Indonesia.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! That's so damn true! They say it's only for 'basa basi' when commenting over one's body image. But really? WTF!! Juz shut the hell up!!

VaniGo said...

i wish i could tell them to shut their mouth up..I WISHHH!!;P

Emmy Chen said...

basa basi.. sudah biasa... ga ada kata2 lain.. pikirannya suka cari2 apa yang bisa 'diejek'

yang sabar ya van :)