“The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment, when you are between asleep and awake, when you don't know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it really happened.”

-NN-

Saturday, November 14, 2009

The one with her fave author

So,
I have this favourite author of mine. Her name is Clara Ng.
And yes yes yes, she is Indonesian, and a BIG YES she is talented.
She has written quite many worth-reading, worth-buying, worth-rereading books such as Indiana Chronicles *and this blog is named after my fave male char*, Dimsum terakhir (The last Dimsum, rd), Tiga Venus (Three venus(es), rd), and so on.

The only thing that disturbs me is that every single one of her novel that I have read, except Utukki - Sayap Dewa (Utukki - the gods wings), I can find their counterparts.



WARNING!
SPOILER ALERTT..!!!




The obvious one and the one that all chicklit lovers have been talking about is Indiana Chronicles. The story of Indiana was very much like Shopaholic. I know Clara Ng was not plagiarist for the story line was not the same but the idea, the main character's (Indiana, rd) features was very much same except that Indiana was not a shopaholic.

Dimsum Terakhir is very much similar to Danielle Steel's novel. I forgot the title, but Im very very sure it's DS' novel. Both have the story of three sisters who were separated by their own characteristics. They didnt hate each other, they just didnt love each other affectionately. One day, an event happened that unite them together and let them gone through things that strengthen the bond between them. Of course *again* Clara Ng didnt plagiarise for Dimsum Terakhir take the Chinese-Indonesian background while DS *ohhh how i love DS* is westerners.

Next one is the Unreality Show, it was similar to Sidney Sheldon's novel. They both were about someone who has multiple personality disorder and have -interestingly- as much as 8-10 alter egos *scary, eh?*
Of course *again and again* the story arent the same for SS' one is very much detective alike and CN's one is more to comedy.

The most shocking one, because this one I havent even read the counterpart and I just found out only recently, is the Tiga Venus.
The story of Tiga Venus is very unique. It is unreal, because the story was about three very very different women whose souls are just swapped with each others', but very very interesting and CN just wrote it beautifully.
The story also carries a good moral, in a sense that you have to satisfy yourself with what you have because what you see good in others might not do good to you.
I was just browsing on Tullamarine airport's bookstore one day, when my eye caught one of Jane Green's boooks. She is also one of my favourite authors especially for her "Second Chance" *four thumbs up yaaaaayyyy..!!*
The title was read something like life swapping or swapping life or swapped life *too many choices already..haha* or something like that. I was like, "hhhmm...this is interestingg.." as I was just finished my Tiga Venus book.
So, I read the synopsis, and I was soooooo so so so so soooo shocked that I told my housemate straight away. It was the very same idea with Tiga Venus.

On one of her books, Clara Ng declared something like "I dont care if people called me plagiarist, I just am not."
well, she might be she might not be.
I would very much like to met her one day..just to have a chat with her.
That would be interesting, ya reckon???hahaha;p

Anyway,
plagiarist or not, she is one talented author and I just really really enjoy reading her novels.
*except Utukki..sorry Clara Ng..that one was done miserably.=(*
Maybe if one day she can write her own novel from her own inspiration *something like genuinely genuine Clara Ng*, I would like to read that book very much.
until that time arrives, I will just read whatever idea she just took from others and make it into her own novels.
Plagiarism or not..haha.

2 comments:

emmy said...

aku pernah baca clara ng yg indiana chronicle yg lipstick apa tuh, yg dia merasa kena kutukan lipstik patah.. ahhaha it's a great one!

kalo emang critanya mirip, buku mana yg duluan publish van?
kalo cerita bagus tp mirip2 mah.... jadi males bacanya =___=

VaniGo said...

kalo indiana yang publish duluan yang shopaholicnya em. of that im sure..
kalo yang laen beberapa sih im not sure..
tapi ga semirip itu juga sih sebetule.kayak ide nya sama tapi satu lebih drama satu lebih chicklit..jadi yah beda sih sebetule.hahahaha *bingung sendiri*
tapi clara ng worth reading koq em.
harus baca yang dimsum terakhir em.aku baca itu sampe nangis2;p