“The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment, when you are between asleep and awake, when you don't know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it really happened.”

-NN-

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The one with the thank you and conventional way of thinking

Such a simple phrase "thank you"
As technology is evolving, people grew apart.
Such simple phrase such as "Im sorry", "thank you", "Please" are all pretty much forgotten.
Young parents nowadays are more concerned with what their children are wearing, what extracurricular courses their children are enrolled in so that they will rank better in their class.
Children nowadays are more like parents' trophies.
They often forgot to remind their kids to say thank you even to a maid or a driver working for their family.
Quite so many times I watch kids said something like this to their maid, "pick my socks and put my shoes back in the shoe rack!" and they forgot one simple word "PLEASE" or simply "THANK YOU"
Even my 7yo cousin did that. I was shocked.

This afternoon, as I was catching my breath after swam 4 laps, I noticed a boy around 2 yo playing with his dad.
His dad pretty much look like Jesus in one of Kevjumba's videos "Scaring Jesus". Try to find it on youtube. That video made me laughed so hard;p
Anyway, back to topic, after a while I realize that that boy has an older brother around 4-5 yo joining the swimming course that was still in progress that time.
Few minutes later, I saw the class had been dismissed and he ran to join his little brother and father instantenously *such a nice family they have there;)*
Suddenly I saw this boy *goshh he was sooooo cute..way too cute..If I could, I would ran into him just to pinch his cheek once. the temptation was so big though..LOL* ran back to his swimming teacher and shyly spoke "thank you" *aaww..that was way too cute..I cant help smiling*
When he realised his teacher did not hear, he pulled his teacher's hand and said again "thank you" and maybe because he was too shy, he ran back to his father instantaneously.
The father smiled to the teacher and then petted his head and said to the boy, "good boy" and the father smiled so proudly.
I cant help smiling seeing this happy little family interacting with each other.
Clearly also that the little brother adore his older brother so much.

Another story happened another day, I was going out with two of my friends, a guy and a girl, to watch a movie.
Quite a scary movie that was and my girl friend was so afraid..LOL;p
Finally me and the guy decided to accompany this girl for some times until she calmed down.
So, as we were already in front of the girl's apartment, I suggested that we might as well just go in and have a chat inside.
Then I was shocked when my friend said, "you know im a guy, right?I dont think it is a good idea to have a chat inside. I think we just find some 24 hrs maccas around here."
Maybe my pride didnt allow me to show that I, at that very second, became very respectful towards him.
Such a guy still exist.
That conventional kind of courtesy still exist.
Now, that's amazing, isnt that??;)

Not many people still do that.
Also this does not mean that those who does not do that are actually uneducated or something.
Or maybe I just have too much guy friends that tease me so much that they forgot how to behave in front of me, I honestly dont know..hahaha~~
It is just this few people opened my mind that such words, such a set of thinking are just too beautiful to let them extinct.

3 comments:

franxaverian said...

What a nice story you have here.

Well, there are three words that is so simple that sometimes, everyone forgets them.
Thank You, Please and Sorry.

These may be some of the most important words that should be embraced to be taught in this generation.....

emmy said...

i just LOL when u write:
"Or maybe I just have too much guy friends that tease me so much that they forgot how to behave in front of me, I honestly dont know..hahaha~~"

ahhhh cowo langkaaa...
mesti dilestarikan van.. wkakakaka..

Vani Go said...

@franxaverian: super agreed!!;)

@emmy: huahahaha..emang.
cowo langka tuh. tapi dilestarikan boleh, di breed jangan..susah ntar kalo dunia penuh dengan orang2 nakal macem gitu..hahaha:p