“The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment, when you are between asleep and awake, when you don't know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it really happened.”

-NN-

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What I Will Miss

I was on 630 bus to Monash Uni. When it stopped at Huntingdale Station a guy *hottie alert!!:P* hop on the bus and I saw he was walking limply.

He wore a thong on his right leg and as for the left, he carried the thong.

I saw his left leg was wounded on the part where it was in contact with the thongs, that was why he carried the thong by hand.

I saw the tissue he used to absorb his blood looked dodgy already.

So, I asked if he needed some more tissue. Doing good deed while flirting *one kill two birds. LOL:D*

Then he gave me back the rest of my tissue, said thank you, and smiled at me *wwwaaaaa~~~..*


Other time, I fell because I stepped on something. This happened at QV.

One guy came up and asked whether I was ok and then he picked up the thing that caused me to fall and threw it away.


*SIGHHH...*

It got me thinking, now that Im leaving this country, I wont be able to experience those kind of feeling ever again.

In Indonesia, if you do that to some strangers, let alone thanking you, not giving you skeptic look is counted good enough.

I will miss at least this aspect of Australia where people are friends with people.

Racism is something that we cant avoid when living in a multicultural country. 

Putting away the racism, I will miss the warm-hearted Aussies...

5 comments:

feli-CIA said...

you will find new something there, back home. that you will also miss that when you need to go.

what ever it is, the memories will still be there, in mind :)

Patty said...

vannn..this is exactly one of those things that for sure i'm badly miss about being here. about how most of the times i caught myself smiling and greeting the neighbour that i dont even know,the bus driver,talking to strangers while waiting for the bus/tram.how they can be so warm,friendly,and so considerate to ppl that they don't even know.

i'm gonna miss it and believe me i feel youu! :(

marsela said...

aaah me too, me too.. they said indonesians are friendly. thats a myth (aka false advertising)!! americans are much more friendly. they greeted you on the street, made small talks, etc.. Things that i missed from indo are friends, onde2, roti goreng, holland terangbulan... XD

Vani Go said...

@pat: when r u heading back to indo?

@maru: that's an epic false advertising. Indonesians USED to be friendly. Now they are DEFINITELY not.

EmmyChen said...

hahahahha kalo disini mah... ga cuma tissue aja.. tapi smuanya diminta! ngerampok malah.. hahaa dodol..